Lori is a trusted partner of ours and someone our staff truly enjoys working with, so we wanted to share a little more about her journey in the business. We have learned a lot from Lori and we think you will too! Lori has a proven track record of strong positive leadership utilizing a team-focused approach. She oversees all aspects of the business strategy, growth, and development. A former DI player at the University of Richmond in field hockey and lacrosse, and a former US National team member.
What is your earliest sports memory?
- Does the kickboard race on the swim team at the age of 5 count? It’s crazy that I remember that first race so clearly.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
- I went from wanting to be a veterinarian to a teacher to a forensic science investigator. That was until I realized there was NO WAY could I handle investigating crimes! I just liked the idea of gathering facts/clues to find answers.
Did your children’s involvement in sports change your approach or motivate you to do anything differently?
- Having your children experience different coaching styles and go through the recruiting process definitely widens your perspective and understanding. You truly understand and appreciate what parents go through as they support their children in sports and help them find their way to a college decision.
What has been Top Threat/Triple Threat’s best achievement and biggest challenge so far?
- We were able to restart our business in the middle of a pandemic and are thriving! We love what we do and the people we work with.
What is one piece of advice you would give to someone wanting to run events in the youth amateur sports industry?
- Do your market research. Be sure to find a need and a niche that is not being served or not being served well. Listen to what the customers want.